A water jet cutter is an industrial tool capable of cutting a wide variety of materials using a very high-pressure jet of water mixed with an abrasive substance. It is the preferred method when the materials being cut are sensitive to the high temperatures generated by other methods. This technique can be used to cut an array of materials from foam and fabric to marble and steel.
- No heat, warping, or material discoloration.
- Capable of cutting complex & difficult shapes.
- Cut materials that lasers can not.
- Smooth finish with very little burr.
- No material limitations. Cut just about any material.
- No costly dies or fixtures required.
- Easily cut materials as soft as foam or hard as rock.
- No thermal stress put on material. Excellent for aerospace materials.
- Cleaner cutting alternative to plasma cutting and flame cutting.
- Time reduction compare to other cutting methods. Materials can be stacked and cut.
- Can cut materials as thick as 12 inches.
- Faster parts turn-around.
We offer full water jet etching and cutting. For more information, please email us with any inquiries.
Here you see the power of the water jet cutting through aluminum~
Detail of water jet cutting through stainless steel~
Detail of garnet sand which is mixed with water and forced through a tiny aperture to create a high-pressure stream capable of cutting through 9" steel~